February 16, 2011

Think Outside the Box

I love treasure hunting for Junk in da Trunk Girls, I will rescue any pyrex that I find for myself or for someone else.  But along with running Junk in da Trunk I also enjoy crafting and do a few craft shows a year.  While on a thrifting trip with my mom last summer, I saw a huge rack of old football jerseys.  I walked around the store with those jerseys in the back of my mind.  I decided to buy a few because I came up with the idea of trying to turn them into purses.  Let's face I like sports, and I like to look cute when I go to said sporting event and I tend to carry lots of stuff with me... and I bet other girls want all those things too!  Ta Da the upcycled jersey purse was born! I will admit the first jersey purse I made was with a old Favre jersey because at Wisconsin thrift stores, you can count on a Favre jersey being in there as well as you can count on there being at least three copies of the Da Vinci Code being in there.  The purse turned out well, I took it to my first Packer game and I packed alot of stuff in there!  So from there on out the great jersey search at the  thrift begun.  These purses are a hit at the craft shows and a few weeks ago I found sooo many different ones that I can't wait to see how they turn out. I guess my moral of the story is just because something originally had one purpose think outside the box and you'll find another purpose for it. These are two examples of how the end product looks.





Over N Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment