March 6, 2011

Friday Favorites: Nautical Theme

The other day I was looking through my button collection and found a super cute one with an anchor on it.  So I thought I would peruse etsy for some nautical theme vintage and handmade.

This beautiful beach glass necklace dropped anchor  at oceanblueseaglass.  Ocean Blue Sea Glass is a mom and son team that makes jewelry out of sea glass.  I got this from their profile, a little history on sea glass
"What is seaglass you ask? Seaglass is any type of glass from bottles, antique glass and China that ends up in our oceans. Many pieces also come from shipwrecks and bonfires! Time slowly smooths the sharp edges of the glass. This can take years, decades, and even up to 100 years or more! The frosted and pitted look is said to come from the lime in glass which leeches to the surface of the glass due to being in the ocean for an extended period of time. This process is just not replicable by man. Our seaglass is naturally frosted and pitted by the ocean. We leave it up to mother nature to create this effect. The only alteration to our seaglass is drilling the holes to create our unique jewelry!"  I love it when people fill out their profiles:)



This sweet lil sailor dress  from Woolly MammothVintage.  Thinking my new niece that's due in may would eventually look super cute in this when she gets a bit bigger. I'm thinking this
dress + white tights would =super baby girl cuteness!




Vintage  Navy Gray Sailor Shirt  from Luncheonette tasty vintage.  I could see myself wearing this with some cute leggings or jeans, you know make it alittle girlier.




This lamp made from a buoy  that's in Faithful Roots shop.  I don't have anything nautical in my house but I think this would be a great addition.




Ships Ahoy! Over-N-Out




1 comment:

  1. great collection here! there's just something so perfect about the sailor look. thanks for including the sailor middy from luncheonettevintage!

    jana
    ( head cook and deck scrubber, http://www.etsy.com/shop/Luncheonettevintage )

    ReplyDelete