May 20, 2012

On A Personal Note





Dear Sophie Marie,
I can not for the life of me believe that you are a year old today, how fast that time went for real!  I remember the day when your mom called me , and when your mom calls instead of text this is a big deal it usually means some kind of emergency. I had the morning off and was still sleeping so her phone call woke me up and right away she asked me if on my way into work I could pick her up a pregnancy test and drop it off because she didn’t want your dad to know yet.   I screamed, “Are you kiddening me?!”  She said “Yes, I’m pretty sure I’m pregnant” now your mom already had your sister and your 2 brothers so obviously after 3 kids I’m sure one just knows. I said alright and started about my day.  I stopped at Target to buy an insane amount of 2 liter bottles of Coca-Cola for a the potlock we were having that day, so on the conveyer belt were 12 2 liter bottles of coke and an EPT test, I really wish I would have taken a picture because it was pretty hilarious.  Well the nice Grandmaish cashier decided to give me some much unsolicited advice after she got done ringing my order, she told me, “You know if you think you might be pregnant you shouldn’t be drinking that much coke, in fact you shouldn’t drink Coke at all it’s not good for the baby” I went on to tell her that “It wasn’t for me” and she gave me the look of that’s what they all say.

I went about my business and dropped the test off to your mom, I waited around while she took it and she came back from the bathroom completely red faced and just nodded yes to me and that was that, you were here.  For the next couple months you made your mom so sick, she said this was the sickest she had been with any of you guys and all she wanted to eat was fresh fruit and Subway, already you were conscious of what food was good for you.

The day you arrived is a bit of a blur, your mom went in for her weekly check up and her blood pressure was out of control so right away she was admitted to the hospital and was induced so that there was no danger to either of you.  You arrived a-ok and after I few hours I came to the hospital to visit you.  You were the first hours old baby I ever held and you were such a peanut, (that would be why I call you that) you still are such a peanut as I write this.   Right now you are a very picky eater, a sock removing machine and a little drool bomb, but you are the cutest little strawberry blonde girl I’ve ever seen. 

Soph I know you will grow up never knowing what silence sounds like as your siblings keep the house full of laughter and games and tv noise and music.  You will never know what loneliness feels like because you have 3 siblings to share everything with, you have 2 very protective older brothers that will always look out for you and keep you safe, you have a very strong willed older sister and Mom so I know that you will grow into a strong woman yourself, and you have a father that will do anything to make sure his children are taken care of.  You are one very lucky little girl and I can’t wait to see what kind of person you grow to be.  Happy 1st Birthday my little Pollack peanut!

Love,
Auntie Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment